If you are new to paper modeling you might find this useful.
The basic tools I use are
- modeling knife / scissors … to cut out and score parts
- ruler … to assist cutting out straight lines
- glue … well to glue parts together 🙂
- cutting mat … as to not damage the table you are working on!
You might want to download and read this Building_tips.PDF I have created which covers the basic steps for building paper models.
Other tools I like are
- chopstick … to help reach areas I cannot reach with my hands/fingers; also to assist in rolling tubes etc
- toothpick … same as chopstick for smaller parts and also to carefully place glue on small areas
Lazy tools I use
- autocutter … in my case a Silhouette Portrait. It is a tool, that with the help of special files, does the cutting of the parts for you
Be sure to check out the Tutorials section for updated tips and tricks.
If you still have questions, I recommend forums like Paper Modelers forum. Furthermore there are lots of
video tutorials on Youtube.
Finally, have a look at this great comprehensive Paper Modeling Guide from Jerry Jensen